A brand new video is up on our YouTube channel. A quick and easy dessert that is delish and doesn’t require a lot of baking skills!
It’s a quick recipe I learned from my Nonna, pretty sure its an American dish, and I love to make it anytime I can, especially for a last-minute get-together or pot-luck dessert! (full recipe and ingredients below)
1 box of Jell-o Pudding mix (chocolate, vanilla, lemon or pistachio are my faves)
Milk (for pudding mix)
1 bag of chopped walnuts
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 cube of unsalted butter (softened)
1 box or cup of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (whipped is easiest!)
1 container of Cool Whip
1. Make package of pudding as per directions on box. Chill.
2. Put the bag of chopped walnuts into a large Ziplock bag and seal. Take a meat tenderizer and start pounding the walnuts until they are all nicely broken up into even smaller pieces.
3. Put ingredients into a mixing bowl (standing mixers work GREAT!), and add 1 cup of all-purpose flour and 1 cube of softened butter. Mix until it becomes like a loose dough. It will crumble a bit but if you push it together it should still sort of be connected with the butter.
4. Push flat into a baking casserole dish. You want the crust to be about 1/4 of an inch thick or more.
5. Place in the oven at 375º for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Let crust cool.
7. Add a layer of cream cheese.
8. Add a layer of your pudding mixture (which should be set now).
9. Add the Cool Whip on top.
10. Top it with extra walnuts, chocolate chips, fresh fruit, or anything else that would fit your taste!
11. Cover and place in fridge for 1 hour.
12. Serve! (cut it like a lasagna, small little 2×2 inch squares).